No-Bake Granola Bars
- Food processor
- Small saucepan
- Medium bowl
- Baking pan, 9x9 inches
- Parchment paper
- 200gr pitted date fruits
- 1.5 cups large oats
- 1 cup almonds or hazelnuts
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup sesame paste
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder optional
- A pinch sea salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place dates in the food processor and pulse until small, sticky crumbs are formed. These may come together to a ball as you process. Move into a medium bowl and set aside. No need to clean the food processor yet.
- Lightly toast the almonds or hazelnuts. Place in the food processor and pulse into medium-size pieces. Add the nuts to the bowl of dates.
- Lightly toast the oats. Add to the bowl of dates and nuts.
- Place the honey (or maple), sesame paste and cinnamon powder (if using) in a small saucepan and warm up. Stir to combine. Do not boil or overheat.
- Pour the warm mixture onto the dates, nuts and oats. Add a pinch of salt.
- Mix well with a fork, ensuring the dates pieces are well spread in the mixture.
- Allow mixture to cool a bit.
- Add chocolate chips and mix in with a fork.
- Line your 9x9 pan with parchment paper leaving enough paper edges for easy removal of the bars after cooling. Pour the mixture in, flattening and levelling it in the pan.
- Cover with Saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Using the edges of the parchment paper, carefully remove the bar from the pan onto a cutting board. Cut into 8-10 even bars. Keep refrigerated in an air-tight glass container for up to a week.