Refreshing Pineapple-Mint Popsicles
Popsicles can definitely be crowned as one of the summer’s best treats. They are sweet, refreshing and cooling. When I thought about a recipe to emphasize the cooling effect, I knew I had to incorporate some mint leaves. For a bright and zesty colour, I decided to combine it with pineapple. As both pineapple and mint can help with digestion, this popsicle is literally gut-friendly!
- Food processor or blender
- Popsicles moulds
- 1.5 cup pineapple chunks frozen or fresh
- 1 ripe banana peeled
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves stems removed
- 1 cup water
- A splash of maple syrup to taste
- In a blender, place all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Carefully pour the blended liquid into the popsicle moulds and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to enjoy, carefully remove the cover from the popsicle.
- Enjoy on a hot summer day.